How Do We Install Casement Aluminium Windows?
If you’re in the market for aluminium casement windows, you may be curious about how they’re installed – and how long that process takes. In this article, we’re covering the installation process to give you a better idea of what to expect when your windows are installed. Let’s get started.
The installation process
- Before any installation work can begin, a survey must be carried out on the property to make sure there are no potential problems lurking for the installer to discover! We’ll check over the areas we’re working on just to make sure we know what we’re dealing with, and then set about measuring up for the windows.
- With that all taken care of, we can return at a later date with your new windows, safe in the knowledge that they’ll fit snugly in the openings on your property. On installation day, we’ll begin by installing the frames carefully, taking the time to ensure they’re flush with the surrounding walls.
- Once they’re fixed in place and sealed to ward off the elements, we can install the glazing.
- This is where your windows really start to come together, giving you a first glimpse at the transformation that only aluminium windows can provide. Once the glazing is in, we’ll install the handles and check the operation of the windows.
- When we’re happy that everything is as it should be, we’ll complete the job by cleaning the area, removing any dirt or marks that the window has picked up during the installation process. Now all that’s left is for you to enjoy your new window!
How long does it take?
This isn’t a simple question to answer, as casement window installations vary in complexity. It can often depend on the size of the window. Generally speaking, however, smaller windows can be installed in just an hour or two. Larger ones may take four hours or longer to fit.
Specialists in aluminium windows
If you’d like to learn more about the process, have any questions or would like to get a quote, speak to the experts at Klosen, specialists in aluminium windows.